Monday, June 14, 2010

Media Briefings and pre-show announcements

So today was a pretty great day. Microsoft, EA, Ubisoft. Gives me a great idea of what I should be keeping an eye out for come Tuesday.

Currently on my radar:
  • Medal of Honor - the 24 player online troubles me, I like much larger games as I am a PC gamer. But the multi is developed by DICE I guess and they havent steered me wrong in nearly a decade.
  • Goldeneye - I spent countless hours playing this during the Nintendo 64 days. IGN had a video up briefly before it got pulled down by Activision. Im hoping to run into this at the show. (Source)
  • Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit - Im looking forward to the reboot. The last few games didnt intrigue me at all. So hopefully they get back on track with this one.
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic - During EA's event they stated that this would be playable on the show floor. Ill stand in line for 3 days and skip the rest of the show if I have to.
  • Jumpgate Evolution - Not just simply because its the reason that I am going to E3. I have been a fan of the space genre for a very long time. And an MMO thats in space with twitch based gameplay excites me in all the right places.
  • Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - The earlier trailers looked great and I am really excited to get a feel for this game. Far too many shooters on the must-have list.
  • VALVE - No predictions here. Just know that I am watching them closely.

And things I am not so interested in...
  • Project Natal, Kinect - The motion thing doesnt really grab me. The Wii still feels like a novelty to me with a lot of games. And the games I still play (Smash Bros.) I experience in the correct way, with a GameCube controller
  • Ubisoft's not games - Expensive laser tag stat tracking and more health software. Pass

There is still the big-N's briefing tomorrow morning before the doors open, and Sony's at noon. Im hoping for a Wii Zelda announcement, and I would like to get some hands on time with the 3DS. Sony's Move has a similar disinterest from me as Kinect. The only real thing I want from the Sony camp is a Gran Turismo 5 release date.

No comments:

Post a Comment