Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 1 Report

Hi everyone!

Today was the first day of E3 (of course), and oh what a day it was. I signed in 2 hours early and hung out until the show started. The excitement was overwhelming. The booths were truly awesome.

While I wandered around the whole convention center, I spent quite a bit of time around the Warner Brother's booth and the EA booth. Warner had some great demos of Lord of the Rings: War in the North, and F.E.A.R. 3. Both look like a lot of fun, and each had their demo focus on coop. Both showed great features that I'm looking forward to playing with friends. EA had some awesome trailers for SW: The Old Republic and I got to play the new Medal of Honor--and it plays well (much like a smoother Bad Company 2). I'm heading back tomorrow to get a look at Crysis 2.

Unfortunately, the Bethesda booth was appointment only, so I didn't get a look at any of their upcoming games (which look great). I'm still hoping that it'll show signs of a new Elder Scrolls game in the next few days. Valve was the same, though the door was open, and they had what looked like a nice Portal 2 theme going on.

Kinect and Move both had big presences, but I'm sure they'll be there all expo long, so I decided to leave them untouched (at least Move...you don't actually touch Kinect?) for today.

OnLive had a nice booth too, and had demos available. For streamed games, they responded very well, and I was impressed--though I probably won't use the service.

I look forward to seeing JGE and NetDevil soon. And to thank them in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment